The Master of Human Rights and Democratisation Programme is designed for academics, professionals and highly motivated graduates. The degree offers students a unique opportunity to engage first-hand with regional and international human rights as well as democratisation issues, and to interact with internationally acclaimed academics, practitioners and experts. It also provides the learning opportunity to interact with a group of international students from the Mahidol University, Thailand.
Online Application Form: https://forms.gle/wwszB66i4xAMtmj87
This is the online application for MHRD 2020/21 cohort. You can fill the application form online, however, please note that this will be considered for selection once you pay the application fee to submit your voucher to us. Further, you will have to submit copies of all educational and professional certificates before the interview by email or post.
- Human Rights Norms and Mechanisms (Part I)
- Human rights and Democratisation Research
- Dynamics of Human Rights Violations
- Democracy Theory and Practice
Second semester (with international students following the Asia Pacific Regional MHRD Programme)
- Human Rights Norms and Mechanisms (Part II)
- Critical and Emerging Issues in the Asia Pacific Region
- Dissertation or Internship Placement
- Bachelor’s Degree in humanities, social sciences or law
- Bachelor’s Degree in any other area and with relevant work experience in the field of human rights and democratisation
- Professional qualification with experience as deemed relevant
- Excellent knowledge in English
(*competence in English is subject to a test)
Course duration: 1 Year (August 2020 – August 2021)
Lecture dates: Friday afternoons and Saturday
Course Fee: LKR 190,000/-
Applications can be downloaded from HERE and will be processed after providing the paying voucher of LKR 2000/- to any branch of the People’s Bank, in favour of ‘University of Colombo – Main Collection Account’ No: 335024600003.
Alternatively, you could fill the online application for MHRD 2020/21 cohort. You can fill the application form online, however, please note that this will be considered for selection once you pay the application fee to submit your voucher to us. Further, you will have to submit copies of all educational and professional certificates before the interview by email or post.
Completed applications along with copies of certificates and the payment receipt of the application fee can be submitted by post or email to the following Address before 30 July 2020;
Centre for the Study of Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Colombo,
94 Cumarathunga Munidasa Mawatha, Colombo 03
Tel : 011 2500879/2503017, Fax : 011 2598462
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com