This Diploma programme is designed, based on the findings of the Enhancing Human Rights Protections in the Security Sector in the Asia Pacific Project (EHRP) implemented by CSHR, University of Colombo and Kathmandu Law School, Nepal in collaboration with The University of Sydney, Australia. This project was implemented in Sri Lanka with the fullest corporation of Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Law and Order.
Applications are called for the above one year programme
Objectives of the Programme
- Enhancing knowledge on human rights and its applicability among Police officers.
- Developing skills among Police officers in order to analyze the situational factors which affect the complicated situations they face during their duties.
- Developing tools among Police officers, in order to handle the situational factors within a human rights perspective.
- Developing the ability of Police personnel to develop their own plans in order to manage the identified situational factors within their workplaces.
- Enhancing professionalism of Police personnel by inculcating human rights values through the concept of dignity.
- Developing insight through a human rights approach into the complex contemporary issues the Police officer has to deal with, within the present Sri Lankan context.
(a) Sub Inspectors (SI) or higher ranks in the Department of Police, OR
(b) Police Sergeants with minimum 8 years of experience
Medium of instruction: Sinhala and Tamil
Course Fee: Rs. 60, 000/-
Application fee: Rs. 500.00
Applications can be obtained from CSHR or can be downloaded from HERE.
Application fee should be paid to the ‘University of Colombo – Main Collection Account’ at any branch of People’s Bank, Account No. 335024500013. Completed applications along with the certificates should be submitted by post or hand delivered to the following address on or before 31st January 2020.
The Director, Centre for the Study of Human Rights,
Faculty of Law, University of Colombo,
94 Cumarathunga Munidasa Mawatha, Colombo 03
Tel : 011 2500879/2503017, Fax : 011 2598462
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org